Rs.2450 per person (monument fee is not included)
Plus complimentary water, other drinks are available at an extra cost.
1:30 pm (approximately) depart Jaisalmer by jeep.
You will visit three historical sites along the way:
Barabag – A Royal cemetery with over 100 cenotaphs
Amarsagar – A 17th century Jain Temple
Kuldhara – An abandoned village in the Thar Desert
Departure for Khuri/Sam Sand Dunes to meet the camels.
1 hour 30mins (approximately) camel ride into the desert for sunset.
After the sunset, our staff will cook traditional, vegetarian Indian food. If you’d like to learn more about Indian cooking or help with preparations, our staff would be happy to assist. Meals will be served round a camp fire, if weather permits.
Overnight in the desert: you will have the option to sleep under the stars on the dunes or in a safari tent where you can enjoy the silence of the desert. Or else, you can choose to stay at our campsite in one of our luxury Swiss tents or mud huts.
The next morning: after breakfast, you will have the option of going on another camel ride or you can just relax on the dunes until departure.
10am: Return to Jaisalmer by jeep.
- Jeep transfers
- Bedding, blankets and sleeping bags (Overnight and Camel Safari only)
- Meals (all vegetarian and prepared freshly in the desert), including: Breakfast: Toast, jam, honey, boiled eggs, fruit, tea and coffee (Overnight Camel Safari only) Dinner: Two vegetable dishes, dhal, rice, chapatti, Indian sweet, fruit and chai Mineral Water
- Camel Ride (one person per camel)
- Departure times are approximate for November to March. It may vary at other times of the year and we will advise you of the best departure time during other periods.
- Drinks can be provided at extra charge
- A music programme by local musicians can be provided at extra charge
- All prices are for two people minimum (If you are alone and there is no group, the price will be the equivalent of two people )
- All bookings must be confirmed by a deposit of one person’s camel safari
- The deposit is non-refundable if cancellation is made within 7 days of departure.
- Half of the deposit will be refunded if cancellation is made before 14 days of departure.
- In the case of unavoidable natural events we will either refund half of the deposit or we will transfer the booking to the next available date.
- We do not have a swimming pool.
- We use a power generator to provide electricity at the campsite, which we will be switched off at 11.30pm. After that we can provide you with oil lamps.
- We do not have A/C in the tents.
- We do not have a heater in the tents.
- All food is vegetarian.
- The camel ride will be around 50 minutes. If you would like a longer ride, please ask us in advance.
- We will provide one camel per person.
- Children aged 5 or less are free. Children aged 10 or less then will be charged 50% of the normal tariff. Children above 10yrs will be charged as an adult.
- The Jeep can be shared by other guests.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the mud cottages & Swiss tents.
- The music and dance programmes are organised from October till March.
- The departure time to Jaisalmer is 10.30am. If you wish to stay longer, it can be arranged at an extra cost.
- If you start the safari late, you will have to skip some monuments on the way, otherwise you will not make sunset